Download Reading: Conflicts of Law
Esta es la lectura como parte de la estrategia de segunda lengua, adelantada por la facultad de Derecho para los estudiantes del grupo 9-21 dentro del programa "English across curriculum". Debe contestarse estas preguntas y ser entregadas el día jueves 22 de febrero del año en curso, a las 6 pm.
1. Specify what factors are taken into account in order to determine "the forum law".
2. Determining elements of domicile, modern theory studies two characteristic elements. Please indicate what they are.
3. How many kinds of domicile did you find in reading?. Define them.
4. Point at any presumption of domicile you have observed through reading.
5. In the specific case of "domicile of choice", determining whether the individual has the requisite intent, which one of elements involved courts generally focus on?
6. What difference exits between concepts: residence and domicile.
7. Switzerland regulates a mix theory. Please explain it.
8. How handle most of the jurisdictions, issues related to immovables?.
9. Issues have arised around testament of a decedent whose domicile was outside US or a foreign person, who lived and died in the United States. In this specific case, wich one has been solution adopted by Courts?
10. How many elements or steps should be taken into account in choice of law ?